Stat Attack – Chippenham Town vs Welling United | National League South | Tuesday 28th March 2023
The most recent Stat Attack has the latest information you need to know, including Ones to Watch, Form Guide, and much more as we look ahead to our National League South match against Welling United.
League Form / Last 6 games:
- Played: 38
- Won: 11
- Drawn: 14
- Lost: 13
- Goals For: 44
- Goals Against: 52
- Goal Difference: -8
- Points: 47
- League Position: 14th
- Home win percentage: 41% in 18 games
- Last 6 games: WWWWWD
- Last result: Chippenham Town 1-1 Eastbourne Borough | Tuesday 28th March 2023
- Chippenham are currently topping the form table in the NLS picking up a total of 18 points in their last 8 matches.
- Played: 39
- Won: 11
- Drawn: 13
- Lost: 15
- Goals For: 45
- Goals Against: 55
- Goal Difference: -10
- Points: 45
- League Position: 15th
- Away win percentage: 35%
- Last 6 games: DDLLLW
- Last result: Welling United 1-0 Bath City | Saturday 25th March 2023
- Welling United are currently 22nd in the form table in the NLS picking up 6 points in the last 8 games.
Points Per Game (PPG)
So far this season in the league, Chippenham have picked up an average of 1.56 PPG in their 18 matches played at home, while Welling’s average PPG in their 19 away games is 1.37.
Chippenham Town (2 Wins) ( 2 draws) (6 wins) Welling United
Last meeting: Welling United 1-1 Chippenham Town
- Goals scored (GF): – (24 home) – 44 in total
- Average GF: (1.33 home) – 1.16 in total
- Goals Conceded (GA): – (20 home) – 51 in total
- Average GA: (1.17 home) – 1.37 in total
- Average GF + GA: – (2.50 home) – 2.53 in total
- Goals scored (GF): – (21 away) – 42 in total
- Average GF: (1.11 away) – 1.15 in total
- Goals Conceded (GA): – ( 25 away) – 54 in total
- Average GA: (1.32 away) – 1.38 in total
- Average GF + GA: – (2.42 away) – 2.54 in total.
As stated in the form table, Chippenham Town are on a 12 game unbeaten streak, however following their draw to Eastbourne Borough Last Saturday, their 5 game winning streak came to an end. The bluebirds have won 5 of their last 12 as well as picking up 6 draws as they stretch the gap from the relegation zone even further.
Chippenham stats show the team has picked up an average of 1.24 points per league game since the beginning of the season. Their form stats indicate that in the last 8 league matches, the team’s points per game value has been averaging 2.25, which is 81.5% higher than their current season’s average.
Chippenham tend to win games by 2/3 goals, with a 42% rate. Meanwhile, a 32% rate of scoring 0-1 and a 26% of scoring 4+ goals. Of the last 5 games, Chippenham have scored 11 goals, the most over any 5 game period over the season.
Chippenham outscore opponents in their victories. Despite being on fire, bluebirds still leak some goals, however are being kept to a minimum only conceding 5 goals over 5 games.
With the 1-0 home win against Bath City, Welling United went back to winning ways after 8 winless matches in the league. The team has lost 4 of their last 8 matches in the league. Welling Utd have scored an average of 1.15 goals per game since the beginning of the season in the league. As for Welling Utd’s current form, the form statistics indicate an average number of goals scored per game of 0.38 in the last 8 league matches, which is 67% lower than their current season’s average. The two team’s run of form suggests that Chippenham should run out victorious.
- Chippenham Town have scored 11 goals in their last 5 games
- Chippenham Town are unbeaten in 8 home games
- Chippenham Town conceded at least one goal in each of their last 6 home matches
- Welling United have scored 2 goals in their last 5 games.
- Welling United have won 6 of their previous 10 matches against Chippenham.
- Welling United have more clean sheets (11) than Chippenham (9).
Kick off date: Tuesday 28th March 2023
Kick off time: 7:45pm
Stadium: The Thornbury Surfacing Stadium, Chippenham, SN14 6LR